Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What a day

Today, from 1:30-4:30 my house was filled with screaming/crying.
Maia started it all because she wanted to wear her green dress and I said no. I said no because it's too big, she constantly takes it on and off, and it was hot.
And I'm the mom. I get to say no if I want.

Also, Maia's been getting up at 5:00am, not taking a nap, and fighting a cold.
I don't know what Ruby's deal is. Mostly she's really opinionated, but can't talk. So most of her communicating is the "more" sign and then pointing to what she wants. It could be that she wants to get up on the couch, or have the monitor turned on so she can pretend it's a phone, or sit in a chair, or have pieces of popsicle broken off and fed to her, but definitely not having the popsicle put in her mouth to suck on.
Definitely not that.
Really nothing to do with "more."

Anyway, my darling husband came home, saw how frustrated I was and immediately sent me to the gym offering to put the girls down for bed.
How'd I get so lucky?

As I was heading out the door. Maia came to give me a hug and said "thank you for crying."
I asked her what she meant. She said "When I and Ruby were crying. Thank you for crying." I asked her if she was saying thank you for taking care of her when she and Ruby were upset. She nodded and gave me a hug.

Instantly the 3 hours I had just spent figuring out how much money I could get for each one of the girls were completely forgotten. 

Oh parenthood. It's not for sissies.


Aleks made a video this weekend from clips we had on our phones.
Maia has been featured in lots of movies, but I think this might be Ruby's first.
Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. awesome video!! I love seeing how Ruby has grown! she is such a doll baby. Love her.

    ReplyDelete