Thursday, October 13, 2011

Guest Bedroom

As time and budget allow, I've been working to make this house our home.
Most recently I decided to tackle the guest bedroom.

Here's what it looked like before.


As you can see, there isn't a lot of natural light in this room, so the pictures aren't spectacular.

The green doesn't help much either.

I chose to paint the room "copper penny."


In real life it looks more tan than pink.

I needed something to hang on the wall and didn't want to spend $100+ for artwork that is just so-so.

I found a frame at goodwill and spray-painted it black.
(Spray-painting is not for weenies. I realized that I'm not a huge fan. Give me a brush over a can any day.)

I bought hanging wall vases and placed them inside the frame. Now when we have guests, they'll have fresh flowers to look at.
Aleks hates the asymmetry, but hey, he doesn't have to sleep down there!


It still feels a little bare and I need to rip out some shelving in the closet and hang a mirror, but it's ready for visitors!
So, come visit! Yes, you!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, I love the color, and great idea with the wall frame and vases.

    ReplyDelete