Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Aleks is a birthday boy!

My darling husband had a birthday yesterday.

We celebrated a day early and went to dinner,




then headed to the batting cages.
Which made me question the fact that I played softball all four years of high school.
And was team captain my senior year.




We also rode the go karts.
It's been awhile since I've done that, but was super fun.
Aleks was shocked and disgusted that I would instagram while driving.



Yesterday we celebrated some more!
I decorated the house.



And made fluffer nutter cupcakes.
(I got the recipe here.)





 And Aleks cooked dinner.



He made this a few days ago and let it sit in the fridge to "let the flavors intensify."
It's pork belly.



After scraping off the fat layer, sauteing it, and making a sauce, it became this, which was actually very tasty.
(Wow, that's a lot of commas. If I didn't have a cranky baby in my lap right now, I'd figure out a better way to structure that thought.)


Happy Birthday Aleks.
I love you and can't wait to see what this next year brings you!

1 comment:

  1. You're a good writer, Emily. The last picture makes me regret being a vegetarian, which means Aleks must be an excellent chef!

    ReplyDelete