Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lady Friends

Yesterday was my last day in Pullman and I got to spend it with these two gorgeous women.


I met Chelsea and Megan in our birthing class at the hospital. I've mentioned before how these ladies were the best thing we got from the class.

Becoming mothers together created such a special bond. Our children's "playdates" just weeks after they were born were often more helpful than a doctor's visit. Watching our children grow and develop their own friendships has been such a gift. 

The three of us parent differently. However, it's been a beautiful thing. I've not once felt judged for doing it my own way. In the opinionated, mine-field that can surround parenting, I treasure the rarity of our friendship.

I don't just value them for their camaraderie in our roles as mothers. Unknowingly, Megan and Chelsea constantly remind me to take care of myself and to embrace who I am, separate from my children.

Their kids are so gorgeous and funny and wonderful and just mirrors of their amazing mothers.




Thank goodness for Skype playdates!

By the way, Chelsea doesn't like the new layout. She said it's like I'm cheating on my old blog. 
Chelsea- it's the same blog, I promise! It just got a facelift. :)

Love you girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment