Monday, May 7, 2012

The Facebook

See that big empty spot in the lower right hand corner?



Yesterday I decided to take a break from The Facebook.
I deleted the app from my phone and iPad.
Why?

I just feel like there is so much noise surrounding me these days.
Things that are distracting me from becoming the person I want to be.
I mean, how many times can I update my newsfeed just to see that so and so commented on so and so's status, both of whom I don't really know anyway.
And how many George Takei photos do I really care about?
Don't get me wrong, I'll probably go back to the addiction at some point.
I mean, honestly, Facebook is fun.

I guess I just need a break.
I want to simplify things.

Everyone these days seems to be about more.

I want less with better quality.

The funny thing is, I keep thinking of Facebook statues. (Stati?)

Like last night when the episode of Downtown Abby we wanted to watch was going to take 2 hours to download and so we watched The Real Housewives of New Jersey instead and Aleks was really getting into it and I wanted to tell the world that my husband actually likes to watch RHNJ with me.

And like yesterday when I had a BBQ for my voice students and Maia came in completely naked, refusing to put on a diaper, and the college boys who were there were so uncomfortable they couldn't look up and I thought it was really funny.

Or that Ruby is now saying Mommy and Maia and about 50 other words.

But look, I suppose now I should just blog about it!
Ironically, according to my stats, most of my blog readers visit my site because of Facebook.

Then again, I don't blog for my Facebook friends. 
I do it for you!

Anyway, 2 more days of juries and then I'm a free woman!

School's out for summer!

2 comments:

  1. LOL - I love seeing what would have been all the FB statuses in one blog. I on the other hand can never remember them in a blog! Don't blame you for killing the app - sometimes I want to delete my whole page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been thinking a lot about this. let's skype. gotta discuss this with you.

    ReplyDelete