Friday, May 18, 2012

Good things

1. My biopsy results came back negative, which means I'm healthy as a horse! I just have to check it every 6 months or so to be sure it hasn't grown.

2. School is officially out, which has left me with lots more free time. These first few weeks after the semester ends are always filled with finishing things that have been on my list since Christmas. Like cleaning the cars or setting up an appointment to have a piece of furniture fixed. But, I've also had a little time to finish something for a friend who's having a baby. The shower is on Sunday, so until then...

As things get checked off my list, I'm really looking forward to a few big projects. One of which is painting our dining room. 
Another is creating some artwork for Maia's room.

I have to be careful not to get over ambitious, we do need to make time for the pool.

3. My darling daughter Maia has been wearing panties during the day this week and we've only had one accident (and that's because I was in the shower)! I'm not really sure how it happened, but it seems that she's getting the hang of it. She's really good at holding it in, in fact, most of the time she sits there for an hour, legs wiggling, barely able to sit still she has to go so badly, until she finally lets it out.

We've been talking about how babies are born and the other day Maia told Aleks that "pee is born because it comes from my vagina."

4. I'm still running and now that Aleks is home more I can go every other day. It makes me really happy to have some consistency.

5. An organization called Canta, of which I'm on the board, is planning a 5k in December.
 I offered to come up with a logo. I kind of know what I'm doing, but not really. 
Here are two ideas I came up with today. They are both rough, but it's been fun. 
Any graphic designers out there have any tips for me? (Sabrina?)





Tomorrow I'm going to pick cherries in my friend's backyard! I hope you're doing something fun too.
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment