Sunday, May 20, 2012

Quilts and Cherries

Today I went to a baby shower for a new friend.
She's having a baby girl probably sometime in the next week or so.

I made this quilt for little Ali.




Out of all the quilts I've made so far, this is probably my favorite.



It's girly, but in an understated way.
For my friend's sake, I hope lots of napping happens on this quilt!



And, remember the sour cherries I picked?
Well, I made these delicious cherry hand pies.


I'm not gonna lie, pitting the cherries was kind of grueling.
But having a huge bag of these beauties in my freezer makes it all worth it.


I baked them all and then promptly put them in the freezer.
I think I should have made them, put them in the freezer, and then baked them when I wanted to eat one.
Oh well.


It's a perfect bite of summer.



3 comments:

  1. those cherry pies look AMAZING.
    you have some great willpower friend.
    well done.
    a little ice cream on the side.
    i'm drooling.

    and your quilt looks GORGEOUS! :) here's to a cozy little nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is so sweet. Lucky little girl. Also, do you have a cherry pitter? They are great and make the job much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy cherry pie! you are so crafty, I love the quilt. You'll have to teach me how someday, I'm dying to make one!

    ReplyDelete