Friday, March 30, 2012

Siblings

Not only is it wonderful to see my parents when we go to Arizona, but we also get to see my brothers.


Matt and I are 20 months apart, and Alex is 7 years younger than me.
They used to call me "Mommy 2."
I still get an eye twitch when I hear that.

My brothers and I are so different.
One big difference is that my brothers like to go to bed around 3 am, and I'm lucky if my eyes are still open at 9:00.

Almost 2 years ago, Matt married Cydney, who I adore. She is way cooler than I will ever be.


And they have my energetic, cutie-pie niece, Audrey.


For a long time Matt worked as a PA on movie and tv sets in Phoenix. Among other movies, he's worked on Fast and Furious 4 or 5 (? I don't know for sure which one), Everything Must Go, Away We Go (you can actually see him as an extra in the dog racing scene). He's also worked on some reality tv shows like Basketball Wives, Police Women of Maricopa County, the Coco and Ice- T show; basically any of them  that have been filmed in Arizona. More recently he's decided to have a 9-5 job and works at a mega church as their head film guy. 
He's really good at what he does.
He has an amazing eye for detail and great style.


Alex is also a rockstar in his own right.
He is one of the best bass players in Phoenix.
I don't even know how many bands he plays in, but he works at least 6 days a week.

Aleks and I got to go hear him play at the Hyatt Gainey Ranch, in Scottsdale.
He was there with MDL, who play covers of pop and rock tunes.
If you stay there on a Friday or Saturday, you can listen to him too!


Another band he's in, called Alchemy Heart, just won the Hard Rock Rising Competition in Arizona. If they win the next round, they'll get to play in London and open for Bruce Springsteen.

On Sunday afternoon we heard him play with Mother's Favorite Child, and they are funky.
Like Stevie Wonder funky.
Of the bands I've heard him play in, that's my favorite. 


Alex is making a living playing music.
Like for real, can pay his rent, bills, etc.
This is the stuff most music majors only dream about.

Oh, and Alex has an adorable dog, Oscar.


My brothers are pretty great.



1 comment:

  1. this is such a cute post.
    you and the brothers are too adorable.

    is matt wearing a purple shirt and pink pants?
    i think he is the only one cool enough to pull that off. ;)

    ReplyDelete