Sunday, March 4, 2012

This week's menu and other things

1. It's amazing how once my shoulder was back where it belongs, there's almost no pain! Today is the 4th day since it was dislocated and I'm out of the sling and have full mobility. Yesterday the muscles were a bit tender from the trauma, but I'd say I'm back to 90%.


2. Some notes from last week's menu: The chicken slow cooker thing was a disaster. The chicken was dry, kinda gross tasting, and apparently I still don't know how to cook rice.
Homemade marshmallows, yes. Rice, no.
I suppose it's all about priorities.

The flank steak tacos were great tasting, but I couldn't stomach the texture of the steak for some reason.

The wanton soup was the best. Those pot stickers froze beautifully and I didn't even have to defrost them before adding them to hot chicken stock.


3. Maia and I did an experiment the other day. We were comparing and contrasting her animals. Seeing which ones were smaller and bigger, etc. and then drawing about it in her journal. It was very scientific of us.


4. Our week is a bit calmer, thankfully. Here is our menu:

Monday
Asian beef salad


Tuesday
Beef Pho


Wednesday
Chicken sausages and roasted potatoes


Thursday
Chopped Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken


Friday
General Tso's Chicken


I'm hesitant to say anything, but it appears spring has arrived in Wichita.
It's been gorgeous.

We hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment