Sunday, October 13, 2013

On using a professional camera and lens

The title of this blog is a little misleading because it sounds like I'm going to give advice on how to use a professional camera and lens and in reality, I don't really know what I'm doing.
But, as I mentioned last week, some gracious friends let me use their camera gear and I got to play around.
You'll be able to see from these pictures that I'm still figuring it all out, but I'm hooked.
I need a new camera and a 50mm lens.

These photos are 98% unedited.
(That's a whole other can of worms that I'm not ready to dive into.)
The editing that you see is mostly cropping.



And I boosted the color on this one.
In iPhoto.
Are you professional photographers cringing yet?









I think I want to become a bit more serious with this hobby.

As if I need more to do.

1 comment:

  1. i just LOVE these pics.
    there is something magical that those big cameras do to photos even us amateurs can't mess up. :)
    treat yourself. it will be well worth it. especially with your two beautiful subjects to photograph :)

    ReplyDelete