Monday, October 14, 2013

Applejack Pumpkin Patch 2013

A lifetime ago, when I lived in Pullman, my friend Chelsea and I took our little 6 month old kiddos to their first pumpkin patch.


Before she had suggested that outing, it wasn't even on my radar that going to a pumpkin patch would be a fun, typical autumn activity that my family would grow to love.

I vividly remember putting Maia's carseat into the back of Chelsea's car, next to Owen's and the both of us shaking our heads at the thought of "what if this was our life? two rear facing car seats, but both of them belonging to one of us?"
We shook our heads at the absurdity of the thought.
Haha. 
Joke's on us.
I do believe a few weeks later Chelsea got pregnant, and I wasn't too far behind.


Anyway, this post isn't about the Red Barn Pumpkin Patch. Even though it holds a special place in my heart, as all things you've experienced for the the first time at a certain place tend to do.

This weekend the girls and I and some friends went to the Applejack Pumpkin Patch here in Kansas.
The weather is just starting to hold the crispness of fall and the leaves are beginning to turn.
It was a beautifully sunny, mild afternoon.



Maia's face in this cracks me up. She did not want to take a picture. She wanted to GO ON THE SLIDE!



The zip line was a huge hit.

Even Ruby got brave and gave it a go.
Sweet, tiny Ruby. She couldn't even reach the handle bar on her own!


And of course the "bouncy rainbow" is one of their favorites.





Happy pumpkin patch season everyone!


1 comment:

  1. no way those chubby cheeks belong to 6 month old maia. no. freaking. way.

    i feel like fall in kansas must be the most beautiful ever.

    ReplyDelete