Thursday, October 24, 2013

Almost there

It's been a rough week.

One of those survival mode, fall into bed exhausted, yet mind racing with to do lists kind of week.


The kind where you want to yell, "I get it! I'm know I'm not in control! Can we stop now?"


One thing at a time, be in the moment, breathe in and out.


Looking for glimmers of light in the disarray.


Thankfully, once you start looking, it becomes pretty obvious that the good stuff outweighs the struggle.


And by some weird phenomenon, it is these weeks, when I have to dig deep into my reserves of patience and kindness, growth occurs.
My capacity for selflessness increases, and the reservoirs aren't depleted, but filled.
Doesn't mean it's easy, but at least its satisfying.

So, I'll finish out this week one step at a time, surrounded by the little lights I choose to take with me.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww, so sweet. Love you friend! And thank you for the good sleep training advice!

    ReplyDelete