Monday, December 12, 2011

DIshwasher

As I was loading the dishwasher the other day I suddenly had a thought:
"One day I will be able to do this without having to constantly tell someone to 'please stay out of the dishwasher' or 'please put that back' or 'Ruby, that's yucky, please take that knife out of your mouth'."

Which led me to think of the other things that will happen one day.

Such as being able to go to the gym whenever I want, not having to wait for Aleks to get home.

Or putting the digital meat thermometer in the drawer and knowing that it will remain in the drawer until I use it again.

Or being able to go to the bathroom without someone joining me.

Or eating my breakfast without someone signing "more, more, MORE, please."

And going through a day without hearing anyone cry.

But, I know the day will also come when I come home from work and my girls won't greet me by running to the door with lots of hugs exclaiming "mommy's home!"

Or my funny faces won't make anyone laugh.

And I won't hear funny things like (my favorite from today), "Mommy, your vagina smells sweet" (for the record, my clothes were on and no one was smelling my bathing suit area).

And I'm sure that one day the hugs and kisses and "mommy I love you"s won't come as easily or frequently.

So, I guess I'll take it all and muddle through the hard parts because the good stuff is pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment