Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ruby's Birthday Party

I had to work all day on Ruby's birthday, so we planned to do our celebrating on Saturday.
However, we had Ruby open one present on Friday.



After I got home from work Aleks and I decorated the living room.
Aleks showed off his mad skillz by blowing up two balloons at once.

In the morning the balloons were a huge hit with both girls. Maia was a little confused at first thinking that it was her birthday. 
In fact, she was quite jealous throughout all our celebrations. It made me grateful that our girls are as close in age as they are. I think if Ruby had come later, things for Maia would have been really difficult.

After breakfast Ruby opened her presents!


Maia really wanted to wear this. I told her she was too big. 
She said, "When I get born can I wear this dress?"
I said yes.



And of course, what is a first birthday without cake?!






Although we missed our family being here to celebrate with us, it was a sweet time with just the four of us.

1 comment:

  1. those cupcakes are beautiful! did you make them?

    and when i get born can i wear that dress too?!?! :) too pretty.

    ReplyDelete