Tuesday, September 20, 2011

8 year anniversary

8 years ago today, Aleks and I got married on a warm day at a vineyard in northern CA. 
It was a sweet day, of which I have very few memories.
Thank goodness for our beautiful pictures.

Look at those two young kids.


Looking back, I could never have imagined where our life would take us.

2 kids. 
(As I write this Maia is calling from her bed: 
"Mommy, mommy I'm awake! Come back stinky poopy!")
Several moves across the country.
A husband who has turned into foodie and owns a sous vide.
A wife who turned into a singer.


8 years is comfortable.
Gone are the days of worrying about the bathroom door being shut.
Or showering first thing in the morning.
Or your husband seeing you in spanx.
I like comfortable.
But sometimes I miss the excitement and purpose behind the discomfort.

So tonight I am going out with my husband to play mini golf in uncomfortable shoes because they are cute.


And even though my feet will hurt by then end of the night, I know I'll feel good wearing them.
And I think my husband will appreciate a wife who feels good about herself.

That's another thing about 8 years.
I know without a doubt that Aleks wants me to be happy more than anything.
To his credit, he probably felt the same way 8 years ago. 
But I know it now.


No comments:

Post a Comment