Monday, June 27, 2011

Procrastinating

Well, we're back from our trip to CA and it's go time.

We're moving July 20, so by my calculations we have 23 days to get the house packed up, utilities canceled, mail forwarded, new utilities set up in KS, goodbyes said... 

Yes, this blog post is mostly a way to avoid all that needs to be done.

Although I haven't been completely lazy...


Not bad right?

Why do we have so much stuff?!

I haven't even started on the girls' rooms.

Not to mention the kitchen
and our closets
and the outside shed...

Getting overwhelmed again.

I'm going to focus on the positive and be grateful that I no longer have to deal with this:


The areas marked by yellow arrows took me 2 hours to weed. We're talking maybe 4 square feet.

Oh and it's on a 45 degree angle.

Every time I look out my kitchen window, the weeds look at me with their thorny stems and dare me to quit what I'm doing, leave the two kids who are incessantly demanding my attention, and show them who's boss.

And every time I sigh, turn back to getting grapes, or making pancakes, or getting milk, and vow to tackle that hill once the kids are in bed.

Needless to say, one of the things we were looking for in our new house was a low maintenance yard.

Which reminds me. We've accepted an offer on our house and have had our offer accepted on a house in Kansas. Things are moving forward. We're up to our ears in paperwork, but it should all be solidified in a few weeks and then I'll post pictures.

Ok, I should go and pack.

Or keep sitting on the couch and watch Dual Survival...

No comments:

Post a Comment