Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa Kyhn

 On Monday we got to visit my grandparents at their apartment in Oakland.
It was such a treat to see them and so special to watch Maia and Ruby interact with their great-grandparents.

Maia loved looking at great-grandma's pop up books, bells, and kaleidoscopes. 


She also managed to eat all of great-grandma's blueberries, grapes, and strawberries.

Some of my earliest memories of grandma and grandpa's house involve eating pancakes made from scratch. Maia has inherited the Kyhn love affair with pancakes.

How fitting then that she got great-grandpa to read Pancakes with her.


Ruby explored the room by rolling from one end to the other. I think she's going to figure out every other way to get around and avoid crawling altogether.



Grandma was showing me a shirt that was embroidered for her and Maia just had to try it on. Maia thought it was a princess dress!


It's visits like this that make it so hard to be far away, but I treasure every minute we get to spend together.

We love you grandma and grandpa.

2 comments:

  1. Priceless times all around! Great to see your grandparents here, Emily. Please pass along my greetings to them. (Just in case you've forgotten, I'm a high school bud of your dad's!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a fun day! I can't wait to visit them in just a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete