Saturday, April 4, 2015

Six

My girl Maia is 6 today.

I enjoy this little girl more than words can say. 


Here are six things that have always been true about my firstborn.
1. She likes to talk. Actually, I think it's more about just making noise. She likes to make noise. All. the. time.
2. She can make a new friend anywhere she goes.
3. She wants to know everything about everything.
4. She loves dressing up and being fancy.
5. She likes pancakes.
6. She has a very very good memory.


In those early days, when Maia would not stop crying and I was severely sleep deprived (there are not strong enough words to convey the level of sleep deprivation I was experiencing), I was not hopeful. I was sure that my screaming baby would grow into a demanding dictator of a toddler.

Thankfully I was wrong.


Maia is one of the most delightful people I know. 
She is pure light and radiance.


She is interesting and funny and entertaining.


She is thoughtful and kind.

My life is better because I know her.


Happy Birthday Maia. I'm glad you got to be our first. I love every minute of being your mom and I can't wait to see what you do with this life of yours.





No comments:

Post a Comment