Saturday, April 18, 2015

Cold Sassy Tree

I'm one week post-Cold Sassy Tree. I've been falling asleep extremely early and slowly catching up on getting the household together.

When I agreed to help out and sing this role, I had no idea how much I would fall in love with Love Simpson. Furthermore, the music just happened to fit my voice like a glove. If I could travel around the country and sing this role for the next 20 years, I would jump at the chance.

That being said, here are a couple of things I am not going to miss:
1. pin curls- they take forever to do and my hair is cray cray when the bobby pins come out.


2. Corsets and elaborate costumes- by far the most stressful part of this production was remembering all my accessories and costume pieces.


And here are some of the things I loved:

Love Simpson and her new daughters.


"Rented rooms in boarding houses..."


"Come on Grandma and sit by me!"


"Loma dear...he's deeded it all to me!"


"Clayton! Take your hands off me!"


"And then, and then he ravished me!"


"to me you're the most fair of face..."


"It's lovely, just lovely!"


"No!" (A high C, exquisitely timed, quite possibly one of my favorite moments)


"Old Rucker Lattimore has gone to his grave, but we're still glad to be alive!"


 Like I said on Facebook, it's been a wild, beautiful ride. I'm grateful for the experience and for all I've learned through this process. It will always hold a special place in my heart. Now, onward and upward!






No comments:

Post a Comment