Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Preschool

About 45 minutes before we left for Ruby's first day of school, she tripped and skinned her knee on the pavement.
You would have thought her leg was cut to bone, the way she carried on.
(see bandaid on the left knee)


"Ruby, are you nervous about going to school today?"
"No! I'm not nervous!"

Only Baia would comfort her and she cuddled with Maia's pink bunny all the way to school.


Thankfully her leg wasn't TOO badly hurt, so she could walk into school herself.


You'd think it would be easier with the second one.

Nope.

Kelle says what I wish I had found the words to say "You're still going to leave feeling like you left your own beating heart in a cooler in a classroom, asking someone else to make it thrive for seven hours."

Thankfully I only have to let go for 3 hours at a time. Baby steps for this mama.

I definitely was crying down the hallway as Maia and I walked to the car.


At pickup I got the biggest hug (honestly, she always gives the best hugs anyway) and we were right back where we left off. Complaining about a hurt knee and cuddling Baia.

Girlfriend was tired.


First days need to be celebrated. For the courage to try new things. For putting our best face on, even though we're a little nervous inside and our knees are skinned.

Frozen yogurt for all!
Also, why does this week have to be the hottest week of the summer?!



My strong-willed, affectionate, dramatic girl has taken a huge first step today and I couldn't be more proud of her. This child especially has been strongly connected to her mama. The gradual separation is often painful, but we're both ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment