Thursday, August 14, 2014

Isabelle

So. We got a puppy.
She's the sweetest thing you'll ever meet.





Aleks and I have always planned to get a dog. We've just been putting it off. You know, we're too busy. The girls are too young. We can't afford it. It'll be too much work.


Our friend Stephanie was running this weekend and found little Isabelle under a car. She took her to the vet, got her checked out, and kept her fed and safe. Meanwhile, Stephanie's husband started sending Aleks pictures of this adorable pit bull/chihuahua mix.

Well, we went to meet this little girl and it only took 10 minutes and I knew we'd be calling her ours.

She really is the sweetest puppy I've ever known. She's very laid back and calm. She doesn't bark a whole lot and just barely nibbles on our fingers. She's not house trained yet, but slept through her first night here, just waking up at 5, wanting to snuggle.

She's providing some much needed balance in this intense, loud household. I'm hoping she will teach my girls that there are times to be still and gentle.

Seriously, Aleks and I have to stay vigilant or we're going to have some Of Mice and Men action here.
 

She's waaaaaaaay easier than any of my babies ever were. And the best part is? I don't have to breastfeed her or change any diapers! Also, her crying doesn't strike panic in my body like my children's wails did.

She lies on my chest at night, tucked under my chin and makes sucking noises in her sleep.

Maia thought she needed a fancy name, like Princess Celestia. Aleks was able to convince her that Isabelle is a fancy name too.

We're all pretty excited about this new addition.




No comments:

Post a Comment