Thursday, December 6, 2012

Today was a good day

This morning Aleks woke with a start, causing me to do the same.
I felt surprisingly good. My nose was only half stuffed. I didn't have an urge to cough. My body felt heavy, like it does after a good, long night's sleep.
I looked at my phone, 7:15 am.

7:15.

Both our girls were still asleep.

We had to wake Maia up to get her to school on time.

People, this is unheard of.

All day I was filled with a sense of goodwill.

While waiting to pick up Maia, all of us parents were talking about this virus that's been passed around the class. And let me tell you, we got off easy.

We are all finally feeling better after 2+ weeks of sickness.
We're still not up to 100%, if today's naps by both girls are any indication.
I'll just say that I did laundry, ate lunch, and got a 15 minute nap myself.
And I had to wake Maia up from her nap at 3:00.

I love the sleepy, almost fully dilated pupils of Maia's eyes when she's just gaining consciousness.

Today I figured out how to print return address labels for our Christmas cards. There's nothing like the feeling you get when technology works how its supposed to work.
(Our Christmas cards are coming. I promise.)

Aleks came home to wheatberries cooking on the stove and sugar cookies on the counter and told me that he had a great day too.

The moral of the story?
It's amazing how an extra hour of sleep can shape my attitude for the day.

I'm going to savor it for just a bit longer, because I'm sure my early birds will be up before the sun tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment