Sunday, December 16, 2012

Rad

How is it that my last blog was published on Dec. 6?

There's been lots going on, but I've been slow to find inspiration to write. 

The end of the semester happened, we're finally healthy, Maia and Ruby are up to new and amusing antics, and Saturday marked the first annual Canta Carol Run, which I helped "produce."

Also, I got a pedi/mani and my nails are now one of Maia's favorite colors, "sparkly."

But today, I think I'll pick up blogging momentum by writing about this guy,


Matthew Christopher Kyhn.

My little brother, by 20 months, who's turning 30 tomorrow!

At some point during the transition from child to adolescent, he wanted to be called Matt, but I've always had a hard time with that.
To me, he'll always be Matthew.



He's the kid who loved everything about BMX biking.
I was the one who said, let's put on a show!
So we set up our bike ramp on the sidewalk and charged our neighbors a dime to watch us do "tricks."

He's also the brother who adored the movie "Rad," which we watched about 5 times when we rented it from Blockbuster.



By the time I was 16 and had my license, we were in high school together and I would drive us to school.
One morning we were both getting our backpacks out of the back of my 1984 hatchback Honda Civic.
I grabbed mine, didn't realize that Matt was still reaching for his and proceeded to slam the trunk on top of his head.
I still feel extreme guilt about that incident.

In spite of his older sister, Matthew has turned out to be pretty awesome.


Happy birthday dear brother.
You are going to rock your 30s.



1 comment:

  1. no. way.
    i mean, i know he isn't that much younger than us.
    but THIRTY!?!?
    CRAZY.
    happy birthday matt. :)

    ReplyDelete