Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Part II

Maia told me several times on Thursday that Thanksgiving was for "friends and family."
She got very emotional when we told her that none of our family would be there for dinner.

However, we did have the "friends" side of things covered.
Our sweet friends and colleagues invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner on Friday with their adult kids.


This man is a master gravy maker.



The littles got a bit restless, so I took them outside for a bit.


The light was amazing. I couldn't figure out if the sun reflecting off the cars was adding the extra pizzazz.


Several games of red light green light got the ants out of their pants.



Dinner was so delicious.
And the company was wonderful.
Don't let my lack of pictures fool you.


The brussel sprouts were to die for.
Ruby liked them too!


My good eater.


No pancakes were available, so Maia made do with a roll.


Dessert for me was cinnamon ice cream and pecan pie. 
Can you believe that this was the first pecan pie I've ever tasted?
I know, I can't believe I've missed out on such buttery, caramel goodness all these years.


We left around 5:30 just as it was getting dark.
As I mentioned yesterday, our kids go to bed early. 
So early that they are rarely out of the house when it is dark.
Maia and Ruby were beside themselves on the drive home with the dark sky and all the street lights and Christmas lights that had been hung on houses.
Maia said "can I see if our house is shining when we get there?"

I feel so grateful to have friends after just a year in Wichita that are gracious enough to invite us to their family Thanksgiving.
I'm grateful too that they were willing to put up with multiple episodes of water spilling a few minor meltdowns.

And I'm grateful for early bedtimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment