Sunday, February 19, 2012

Menu for the week

Each Sunday, Aleks and I plan our menu for the week and go grocery shopping. We've found that it saves us a lot of money and is worth the extra time it takes.

I have to admit that often there are times that we get stuck in a rut and waste a ton of time starting at a blank sheet of paper before we are able to come up with dinner ideas.

There are other blogs that post menu planning, and I've found them somewhat helpful, but I think that there can never be too many ideas.

So, I thought I'd share our week's meals with you and who knows, maybe this will help with your dinner ideas.


Monday
Leek and potato soup- Alice Waters
Homemade bread from this book:



Tuesday
Homemade pizza with sausage, caramelized onions, and mozzarella cheese. No tomato sauce, just a drizzle of olive oil. (I'll put peas on my slices).


Wednesday
Wheatberry and arugula salad from:



Thursday
Roasted turkey breast with cranberry sauce and broccoli.


Friday
Crazy day= take out

Let me know if you have any favorite recipes to share, I'd love to try them out!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I have that same Healthy America's Test Kitchen cookbook! Do the girls eat any of the same foods you guys eat? I will post our February meal plan soon! I have wanted to start up on that ... so I can pin my monthly meals...pathetic, I know!

    ReplyDelete