Friday, November 4, 2011

InstaFriday: Again!

I'm writing this from a cute little B&B in Hays, KS.
The kind of place that has little leaf stickers on the toilet paper to keep the end from hanging down and fabric on the walls and rooms called Rose, Homestead, and Peacock.

It's the first time I've spent a night by myself since Ruby was born, 14 months ago.
It couldn't have come at a more perfect time.

I'm here for the annual NATS auditions and as a NATS member with students competing, I'm obligated to attend.
Even though I'll be working, I'm enjoying my time alone.


Earlier this week Maia and I had a date at the zoo. The leaves in Wichita have finally turned and it's been gorgeous.



Aleks told me that I had an emoji keyboard on my phone.
It makes those cute pictures next to our text messages.
Also, Aleks went eyeglass shopping.
Thankfully he did not get this pair.



I finally bit the bullet and got my hair cut.
It turned out ok, but I miss Chelsea.
And our playdates...




On Halloween I had my first gig in Wichita.
It was a memorial service for an older gentleman.
No offense to my Catholic friends, but it was the typical thrown together mass that causes lots of stress beforehand, but always turns out ok.
Do we sing the Lord's Prayer? What mass parts are we doing? Which responsorial and Alleluia will be sung? You know, the usual.



Halloween was pretty much a non-event in our house.
Maia didn't want to wear her costume.
Ruby had a melt down and was in bed by 5:30.
Aleks and I planned to watch this DVD while answering the door for trick or treaters.
When we opened the case, which was loaned to us by one of Aleks' colleagues, it was empty.
Fail.
We watched SNL on Hulu instead.

With regards to the stuttering, it's gotten markedly better.
I don't know if it's directly related, but Maia has suddenly mastered her pronouns.
"Mommy, you and me and Daddy and Ruby will go to the library."



Ruby went down for an early nap this morning and when I went to wake her up, I found this. 
She was O.U.T.
Drool out the side of her mouth and everything.
(She gets that from her dad.)



I've been crafting!
Felt is amazing.
Easy to work with, cute, clean.
A good way to be crafty if you're a bit nervous about crafting.



And I didn't instgram this, but Aleks texted it to me after I left for my trip this weekend.



Send good thoughts and wishes to Aleks this weekend. He's by himself with the girls until Sunday morning.
Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy my solitude and read a mindless novel.


Linking up with Jeannett:

life rearranged

3 comments:

  1. yes, enjoy your solitude! i hope you are refreshed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving that last shot.
    and that my bloggy friend denise just commented here! :)

    and that you are enjoying felt so much - i'm getting my felt on all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and ps i have another bloggy friend in hays :) such a small world!

    ReplyDelete