Monday, May 23, 2011

Updates


The last 6 days have been absolutely chaotic.

Friday:
Aleks finds out he has a job offer from Wichita State University and he accepts.

Saturday:
We call the realtor and arrange for her to come by on Monday.

Sunday:
Mother's Day! We had a nice day and an early dinner with some friends.
There happened to be a purple drum set and pink drumsticks at their house.

Maia made herself right at home.



Monday:
The realtor came over and told us what we needed to do to get the house ready before we put it on the market.

On Wednesday. In 2 days.

I immediately went into super focus mode and packed about 20 boxes, Aleks took apart furniture, and we moved it all to the garage.

Ruby turned 8 months on Monday as well.


She loves the bath. As soon as she hears the water she starts squealing and waving her arms in excitement. She mostly loves to splash.


She's still sitting up like a champ.


Ruby is starting to think about crawling, you can tell that she's interested in things across the room. I'll bet she figures out how to get there pretty soon. Ruby loves her sister and spends lots of time watching her in fascination. I get glimpses every now and then of how much fun they are going to have playing together and (fingers crossed) how much easier things will be for me.

Tuesday:
I paint the railing on the front steps and the front door. I painted the railing white and the door green. It actually looked pretty good. Thankfully Pullman finally broke 60 degrees, so the weather was perfect for outside painting and Maia could be occupied with her water table.
I also do touch-up paint on various holes in the walls throughout the house. (I think is probably one of my least enjoyable house projects)

Wednesday (today):
Aleks had to go to Seattle to do a presentation/discussion of his music.
The girls and I put finishing touches on the house. By this, I mean that Maia took out everything that I put away and Ruby cried every time I set her down, so I ended up doing everything with one hand while carrying her.

The realtor came over, took pictures and put a sign in front of our house. I feel like it's the beginning of the end. Tomorrow, the realtors in the area will tour new homes on the market, so we'll need to be out of the house all morning.

Oh, and when I opened the front door this morning (remember, the one I painted green?), I discovered that the paint had bubbled. So now I have a pretty, forest green door with bubbles all over it. Thankfully our realtor didn't scold me too badly, but now I'm going to have to strip off the paint and figure out how to do it again so it doesn't bubble. Maybe prime it? I guess I'm going to make some new friends at ACE Hardware.

The house went on the market around noon today. At 3:00 I got a phone call from another realtor wanting to show our house this evening. I'm encouraged that we've already had someone look at it! Maybe things will move quickly...



Friday we leave for Phoenix to visit my family. I'm really excited to see them. I'm also very excited to get away from all this house stuff.

I'll leave you with my gorgeous girls. We hope you've had a great week!


1 comment:

  1. Wowza! That's a busy week and it's only Wednesday! I am super duper excited for you and the fam to get here!! Mom & I spent today together making lists of fun things to do while you're here. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete