Monday, April 4, 2016

My girl Maia is 7

Today my girl is seven. 
My firstborn.
She entered the world, a bundle of personality beneath a full head of dark hair. 


At eight months she finally decided to sleep through the night. At which point we found ourselves pregnant with her sister...


She has always been busy. Flitting from one thing to the next, chattering and singing on loop.


Maia's sense of style is a trademark. 
Who says cheetah print and florals don't go together? 
When she has her own house, it's going to colorful!


At four, her world opened up as she started preschool. New friends, adults, experiences have all fueled her never ending curiosity.


And while Maia loves to laugh and have a good time, she is also incredible considerate. She is quick to ask after a sick friend or remember important things about those she meets.


I cannot wait to see this picture on the jacket of her first book...
about fashion?
music?
political climate?
social injustice?


My girl Maia is such a gift.
She makes my life shiny and bright and I'm so lucky to be a part of her world.
Happy Birthday, my love.
Seven is going to be magical.


No comments:

Post a Comment