Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Four

Today Ruby is four.

I think she's going to have a really good year. I've been seeing signs, promises of new growth from the soil we've been working for the past two years.

Big things like tantrums becoming a thing of the past.

Little things like trotting into her preschool class with hardly a glance back.

And even things like having a bounce house on the first cool weekend in awhile.

We rented a bounce house for Maia's birthday back in April, but it never came. After finally getting in touch with the owner, he profusely apologized and offered us a bounce house for 24 hours, free of charge.


We didn't plan a party for Ruby. Partly because she's the second child. Partly because she doesn't have any friends that weren't Maia's friends first. Partly because she just started school and is still getting to know her classmates. Partly because we're didn't get our act together soon enough.


We did however, invite one of her sweet friends from school and they had a blast bouncing and eating cupcakes.


We basically had the bounce house all weekend and didn't really see much of the girls. It was fantastic. They wore themselves out.


Ruby was very sad that "her bounce house" was gone this morning.


Yesterday we went to build-a-bear (her choice), since I have to work today, but this morning we went to breakfast and will eat cupcakes and open presents and hopefully she'll feel loved and special on her day.

Oh, my sweet Ruby.
Just as quick to hug and kiss and be cuddled and she is to voice her displeasure with you or her socks or Isabelle.
My passionate little bug.


An imagination like none other. A little actress.
"Mommy, take a picture where I'm saying 'uh uh!'"


My little clown. Maia is adamant that Ruby is the funny one in the family.
A creative thinker who will do really exciting things one day. If anyone can think outside a paradigm, it's this little peanut.


How empty and boring my life would be with Ruby Ann to challenge, entertain, and love me the way she does.

Happy Birthday my sweet girl. I am so glad you were born.



No comments:

Post a Comment