Saturday, December 28, 2013

An ICT Christmas; 2013

Christmas has come and gone, but I'm still basking in the warmth of visiting family.

On Christmas Eve we snuck my niece Audrey into Maia's bed.

Meanwhile, Cydney and I got the Christmas presents under the tree.
Cydney's family always had the presents from Santa unwrapped and sitting under the tree, which is new to us, but a fabulous idea, in my opinion.

My girls are big on tradition.
Meaning they like to get up early, before the sun, every day.
It's their favorite tradition, in fact.

It is not his favorite.

Or his.

Or his.

But despite the early hour, there was lots of present opening and happy children.


'



And once the sun came up, there was some napping,

and playing,

and reading,

and more napping,

and some music making.


In these days between Christmas and the New Year, we are soaking up family that is usually so far away, now near and in hugging range.

"Audrey, I love you. I wish you lived here forever."

Taking music lessons from a seasoned pro.

Family is good.

It puts everything else into perspective.

We hope you had a wonderful holiday.






















1 comment:

  1. so fun. love seeing all your family - new and old - together in one place. how wonderful. :) happy new year, em!

    ReplyDelete