Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pre-race jitters/possible catastrophe?

5 days until the half marathon.
I've been having nightmares for the last few weeks about running:
Starting the race without a bib and not realizing it until I'm 3 miles in.
Trying to run and my feet not leaving the ground.
I'm a bit nervous.

I'm worried that I'll still be running and they'll be packing up the finish line.
I'm worried that I'll have to poop in the middle of the race.
I'm worried that I'll be the only one with sweat dripping down my face (I sweat A LOT when I run).

But none of these are really that big of a deal considering that yesterday, randomly in the late morning, I went to walk up my stairs and felt a sharp pain in my right thigh.
It was so bad that I could barely walk up the stairs.
There was the slightest twinge when I would walk on a flat surface, so that was somewhat consoling.
I applied IcyHot and took some Advil.

I was supposed to go running this morning, but skipped it.
Today, thankfully, my leg is markedly better, but still somewhat sore.

So really, my biggest worry is that I won't be able to run the race at all.
If any of you have tips for a speedy healing, please let me know. 
Unfortunately I think there isn't much I can do, other than rest and take care of myself.

I really should have stretched after my long run on Sunday.

I know, I know.

1 comment:

  1. girrrrl.
    i know it.

    i did my half two years ago now, and it was so scary and stressful leading up to it!

    keep up the great work, i know it's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete