Thursday, August 23, 2012

Preschool!

Today Maia went to her first day of preschool!
We started off the day with pancakes for Maia


  and applesauce for Ruby.


After a stop at the potty and a tooth brushing, it was time for a goodbye hug.


Backpack on.
"Tada!"


Off they went.


Ruby wasn't sure about the whole thing.


And as the car drove off, Ruby started calling "Maia!"


It took several minutes of whimpers and asking for Maia until Ruby realized that her sister being gone could be fun.
She got to sit in Maia's chair for 2nd breakfast!


Ruby and I had a fabulous morning.
For one thing, it was so quiet.
And I heard Ruby count to 14.
She did skip 7, but I had no idea she could even do that!
Maia can be so demanding that Ruby often gets overlooked.
I know now that there is quite a bit going on in that little curly head.

My one on one time with Ruby is going to be so wonderful.
We went to the library and did a few errands.
Boy, one kid is exponentially easier than 2!

Today I had my first taste of what having school age kids is like.
Wow, just those 3 hours with only 1 kid is so nice.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a totally heartless mother.
We did miss Maia this morning.
But come on, we've been hit pretty hard with the baby stick in the past 3 years.

I was so glad that Aleks took Maia to school this morning.
I just know I would have been a mess dropping her off.
In fact, when I went to pick her up and saw this sign, I could feel the tears start to fill my eyes.


Maia was so happy to see me, even though she had a fantastic time.
Her teacher Mrs. Patrick is fabulous and Maia already adores her.


This little girl gave Maia a hug when we left.
Mrs. Patrick said "Already making friends!"

Maia told me she was a little nervous when Daddy dropped her off, but that she wasn't nervous anymore.
And Maia had been very worried about the boys.
But, it turns out that the boys were all very nice!

If the rest of the year is like our first day, I'm going to give preschool two thumbs up!

3 comments:

  1. this is so sweet! congrats mama on having a preschooler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and so very grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't one on one time with your kids the greatest!? They are like different people when they aren't around their siblings sometimes. I go to the grocery store with one of mine and it gives me a little bit of sanity, hope, patience and a whole lot more when I come home because you're exactly right about one being much easier!! (Then when you get to 3 kids, taking 2 to the grocery store seems totally easy.) Good luck to Maia this year. I always tell Mackenzie when she leaves for school, "Don't worry, we won't have any fun with out you." And then I turn and grin from ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete