Friday, July 31, 2009

Sewing

Of course I have to put some pictures of Maia. Here she is helping me cook.



"I love rice cereal!"



When Eliza was visiting this May, she had a dress that she used to wear when she was little.(The original is above) Since I've started sewing, I thought I'd like to try and make this dress. I had Eliza send me pictures and some measurements and tried to recreate the dress. I ended up making a pattern on my computer using PrintShop Plus, then blowing it up 300% at Kinkos. It was a lot of fun to figure out how to do this. If anyone wants the pattern, let me know and I can email it to you as a PDF.


The denim side



The white side (back)




Soon I'll try and post pictures with Maia actually in it...she's kind of grumpy today, so I'd rather not try a photoshoot. :)

1 comment: