Monday, July 27, 2009

4 months old

Maia turned 4 months old this Saturday. It's hard to believe how fast time goes by. It's been really hot here the past week, so we decided to let Maia have some naked time! Here are pictures from her naked adventures.




So, I've been known to give Aleks a hard time about his diapering technique. It's not unheard of for me to redo a diaper that he's put on. He actually does a great job, I'm just worried that there will be a blow out or something. Well, the other day Aleks was lying on the couch having Maia sit on his chest. She made her telltale pooping sounds and Aleks said "oh! she's pooping" in his "what an accomplishment voice" like we always do when she does anything. As he lifted her up he said "oh! she's pooping on ME!". Poop has slid out the leg of her diaper and onto his shirt. He was frantically yelling for me to take her and clean her, while trying not to throw up. 

After changing her, I continued cooking and put Maia in her Bumbo to watch me while I worked. I heard some sounds that seemed like she was filling her diaper again. Since I was up to my elbows in dirty dishes, I asked Aleks to check and see if she had pooped again. He lifted her out of the Bumbo and went to smell her diaper. As he did that, Maia wiggled her bum and hit him IN THE FACE (!!!) with the poop that was leaking out her diaper once again! I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. The irony is, I was the one who put both diapers on her. Ever since, Aleks has been threatening to sabotage me. Poop is funny.

I got a sewing machine this week and have been having fun learning how to sew. I made little blankets for all the babies in my mommy group. I think I want to try a dress for myself next. I feel so domesticated!

Here is a video we took this weekend of Aleks beatboxing for Maia and Maia eating rice cereal for the first time. It was a fun weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment