Thursday, December 31, 2015

Resolutions

I'm not typically a fan of New Year Resolutions. There's something that seems insincere about everyone, on the same day, resolving to change things about themselves. It's like we only do it because we're supposed to, not because we actually desire the change and are willing put in the hard work to get there.

That being said, this year I'm feeling the itch for change. And I think it's good to set goals and say things out loud, into the universe, so that we can be ready for whatever comes. And because I'm a bossy oldest child, I'm going to make my family participate as well. 

I'll start. 

This next year I want to be more purposeful in the things I do, which involves setting attainable, specific goals in all areas of my life while searching for the "why" that fuels everything I do. 

Aleks says he wants to finish the Louisville Ironman and to be more romantic. 


My mom wants to do the things she thinks are important, not the things she thinks other people think are important. 



Maia's is to stay healthy. 



Ruby wants to be with Campbell more (my brother Alex's dog).



My dad's New Year goal is to plan, enjoy, and remember a three week vacation. He's never taken that much time off before!



Matt wants to weigh less, own less, and want less. 



Audrey wants to play with toys. 



Cydney has 12 books she wants to read. 



Kodiak wants to gain some weight, sit up, crawl, eat solids, and learn to say a few words. He's already a man with ambition. 



Theo made some pirate and pirate ship sounds. 



 Happy New Year dear friends!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment