Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Kitchen updates

Finally! Our kitchen remodel is finished! (ok, that's not fully true. I need to repaint the cabinets, but I'm going to wait a few weeks for that and I wanted to share pictures with you now!)

The entire process took longer than we expected. The tile job ended up taking a week, after which they said it would be done in 2 days. However, it all looks beautiful, so I've already forgotten how annoying it was to have workers in our house for over a week.

Here is the before:



Aleks and I HATED this sink.




Here it is mid-construction. They ended up re-drywalling some of the areas in order to have a smooth surface for the backsplash. I was not expecting to see studs, but it always has to get worse before it gets better, right?


Drum roll please....


Apparently there were supposed to be some seams in the granite piece that includes the sink cutout. Thankfully, the granite guy asked them to cut it without seams, which looks really good, but made the piece extremely heavy. Watching 3 guys walk it into our kitchen was almost as nerve wracking as watching piano movers move a grand piano.


And our new sink and faucet. I'm seriously in love.



Aleks questioned me all along the way. He wasn't sure 2 different granite colors would work. He wasn't sure the faucet should be silver, maybe it should be black to match the sink. He thought the dark blue paint wouldn't look good. Thankfully he knows after 12 years of marriage that he can voice his opinions and then just go along with what I think.




I told the granite people as they were installing that having this updated kitchen makes me want to be a better person.

It's true.


Now, who's coming over for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment