Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving is a great holiday. It's all the food and family and warm fuzzies without the expectations and marketing. This holiday I'm particularly thankful for the little things that add up to a big, extraordinarily wonderful life.

Homemade place cards with 4 year old handwriting.

Puppies who find just the perfect spot to sun bathe.

5 year olds who wear makeup and let you know they want "turquoise on the right eye and pink on the left."

Husbands who know how and like to cook.

Little helpers in the kitchen and passing on the tradition of holiday roll making.



Pre-dinner music.

Delicious food. And I'm just going to say it. I'm grateful for carbs.

This group of goobers. My people who make life colorful, interesting, and full of purpose.

As we went around the table, I jotted down what my family is thankful for:

Aleks: Family, an amazing wife, a job that he enjoys, friends, and health

Maia: God, Jesus, family, Isabelle, and "I hope the bird who died is... I hope they have a new one, the family that lost it"

Ruby: The bird who is dead, my microphone

(The girls found a dead baby bird outside yesterday. It made a pretty big impression.)

David: All of his granddaughters, children, people who helped make his granddaughters, sisters, and a mother and father whole cared for him.

From all of us here in Kansas to you, Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment