Sunday, October 28, 2012

Bits of our week

1. Today I used the last of the toilet paper and intentionally decided to let Aleks deal with it. Ironically, I ended up using the restroom before he did and had to change it after all. I believe that's what they call karma.

2. I'm giving a recital on Wednesday. This weekend I tried on my dress and realized that my shoulders are a nice light brown and my back was a blinding white. After some research (thanks Chelsea) I made an appointment and experienced my first spray tan today. I'm not yet sure what I think. The experience was a little awkward and things are a bit blotchy, but from what I was told, after my shower tomorrow the whole thing will even out. I'm adding this to the list of things I never thought I'd do, but have done in the name of singing.

3. Maia went to a birthday party this weekend. It's the second party she's been to in her short life and it was a doozy! It was a princess party and had a pink bouncy castle and lots and lots of candy and sweets. Now she wants one just like that on her birthday. I've got 6 months to convince her to have a quiet book/dinosaur/milk and cookie party. Wish me luck.







4. We bought Maia new sneakers. This kid is wearing size 11!!! They're a bit big, but still. She looks like a puppy, with these big feet that she's growing into.

5. Ruby was napping really well this week and then today she was not interested. After she finished kicking, she started running back and forth in her crib. I'm amazed she stayed in her room and bed.





6. The girls continue to be each other's best friends and worst enemies. We're still working on sharing. Aleks thinks Ruby is a pushover because she'll often give Maia whatever she wants, even if Ruby was playing with it first. Frankly, as long as no one is screaming, I don't really care. World class parenting, huh? However, dance parties are always a hit.





7. Happy Halloween everyone! Have a fun week!

1 comment:

  1. so cute! Audrey loved watching the dancing video with me. Miss you all. Have a safe & happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete