Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gramps

Today we went to visit Aleks' dad.
Luckily for us, he works near Jack London Square, one of my favorite spots in Oakland.
After a quick stop at the office


we headed to the water to see the boats.
(Maia was terrified of the loud train going by)



It took Ruby a little time to warm up, but once she did, it was all smiles and hugs for Gramps.



I love how strongly the Sternfeld genes are present in my little Ruby.
Case in point.
Here's Aleks when he was about 1 or 2.


Ruby seems to recognize that connection.
Only Gramps' hand would do.



We stumbled upon the cutest bakery.
You must visit this place if you're ever in the area.
I had my first maccaron and I totally understand what all the hype is about.




David has the most tender, loving heart.
Aleks inherited this, along with his hands.

However, David's physical heart isn't so good. 
Tomorrow he's undergoing triple bypass surgery.
While this is a scary time for all of us, we know he's in good hands and can't wait to have him healthy and strong.







No comments:

Post a Comment