Thursday, September 9, 2021

Eleven!

This year, I finally learned the lesson that Ruby has been trying to teach me her whole life. 
It's ok for her to feel all her feelings.

I think it took me 11 years to learn this lesson because the intensity of Ruby's feelings is quite powerful. It goes against all instinct to allow her fire to burn without trying to put it out.

Once I stopped looking at the fire and instead, into the source, I see that the fire hasn't consumed her. In fact, it's refining her into an amazing young woman.


This has been a big year for her, for us all. COVID, a big move, new everything. I'm humbled by her maturity and ability to be uncomfortable. Granted, she's not always quiet about the discomfort, but she doesn't run away from it.



Happy 11th birthday, my darling. 
I love getting to know you better and better each year.



No comments:

Post a Comment