Friday, September 9, 2016

Six.

My little girl is 6 today.
My unplanned peanut, who has made her undisputed claim in our family and completed us in the most perfect way.


Ruby continues to be incredibly intuitive, mature, sensitive, and determined. Far and away, the best word to describe my second born is powerful. 
(Credit for this word goes to my cousin who gave it to me this summer)

Ruby loves to play piano and amazes me with her ability to focus during practice and lessons.


Ruby is the uncontested champion of staring contests. She likes to catch us unaware with "Staring Contest! 1-2-3 Go!" Maia and I don't even try to beat her anymore.

She can burp like a 13 year old boy, with resonance that would make any opera singer jealous. She likes to make her sister laugh and often is our cross-eyed jester.


Ruby favors her father in looks, but on the inside? She's all mine. We understand each other easily and know how to push each other's buttons.

I can't wait to see where this peanut directs her power in the coming years. Whatever it is, it's going to be fun to watch.

Happy birthday my sweet Roo.


No comments:

Post a Comment