Monday, April 4, 2011

Two Years Old!

Maia Lee is two years old today.



She is so much more than I ever expected.


I remember being in the hospital and making the decision to have a c-section. After being induced twice (2 different trips to the hospital, both times the pitocin was increased to the highest it could go, I couldn't feel any contractions and hadn't dilated at all) and having it fail twice, I was so relieved to finally meet my little girl.


And then the second night we were in the hospital, the nurse brought a screaming baby to my room, said "she wasn't doing this in the nursery", and promptly left. After trying everything, I finally put Maia skin to skin and she calmed down. The crying must have lasted about a half hour, but after only 48 hours into parenthood, it felt like an eternity to me. It was intense.



And you know what? Maia is still intense. And I wouldn't have it any other way.



Her last day of being one, right before bed.




And here she is this morning with her new bicycle.
I think she was more excited about the balloons.



So, Happy Birthday to Maia.

My talkative,

singing,

dancing,

stunningly beautiful,

outgoing,

silly,

sweet,

emotional,

perfect little girl.

I love you.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Em. She is gorgeous. :) You and Aleks have such a fabulous family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MAIA!!
    you are such an awesome mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe that she is already two! She and Ruby are both beautiful. What a wonderful family you have! Hope things are well for all of you!

    ReplyDelete